Our goal at Elevate is to save you time and money, so you can do the things you love, with the people you love. With an Elevate Homescription you’ll be able to have more summer fun. Here are 10 things you can do this summer with the time you’ll get back.
1. Check out a local Farmer’s Market
- Utah has farmer’s markets galore, so don’t miss out on this fresh and fun experience! Salt Lake boasts the biggest market in the state, opening June 3rd and running every Saturday until October 21st. With local vendors and fresh produce, farmer’s markets are a small business incubator that’s worth supporting this summer. Check out this link to find one near you!
- More information about farmer’s markets in Utah can be found here.
2. Discover a New Hike
- Explore the great outdoors this summer and try out a new hike with the family!
- For an easy and family-friendly 2.5-mile hike, head up Little Cottonwood Canyon to Cecret Lake (yes, it’s spelled with a C:).
- Check out this link for more family-friendly hike suggestions.
3. Tube Down the Provo River
- Stay cool this summer and try out rafting on the Provo River! Late summer is the best time for this adventure, and can book a professional rafting trip or float down the river yourself. If you float down without a rafting guide make sure you have two cars – one to take you to the launching point and one to pick you up at Vivian Park.
- Check out this link for one company that offers tubing on the Provo River.
4. Ride the Waves at Cowabunga Bay Water Park
- Looking for a splashin’ good time? Cowabunga Bay Water Park in Draper, UT has 11 water slides, over 300 interactive water toys, a kids cove, a grill, and a beach-style zero-depth pool. Beat the heat and avoid long lines by booking the morning or afternoon session.
- More information can be found here.
4. Experience Thrills at Lagoon Amusement Park
- With over 55 rides, a water park and lazy river, live shows, and a variety of food options, Lagoon Amusement Park has something for everyone! It’s open every day of the summer (except for some blocked out days in August) starting May 29th. Check out this link for more information.
5. Visit the Four Corners Monument
- Want to cross off four states from your bucket list in one go? Head to the Four Corners Monument, where Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona meet at a single point. This Navajo Tribal Park offers native artwork that you can purchase and there is an $8 fee per person to enter the park. Keep in mind that National Park Passes are not accepted.
6. Uncover Hidden Gems at a New Park
- Utah has some of the best parks in the country! Check out this link for a list of the best parks in Salt Lake County and find a new place to enjoy the great outdoors.
7. Pedal into the Sunset on a Bike Ride
- Take advantage of those perfect summer nights and go for a bike ride! The Jordan River Trail is a 45-mile paved trail that follows the Jordan river from Utah Lake to the Great Salt Lake. It’s a great option for a family-friendly bike ride or even just a walk.
8. Soar into History at Hill Aerospace Museum
- The Hill Aerospace Museum is located 5 miles south of Ogden, UT and is open Tuesday-Saturday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Best of all, admission is free, so why not check it out? You can even take your adventure to new heights with the new virtual reality flight experience (special tickets required)!
9. Explore a national or state park
- There are so many breathtaking national and state parks to choose from in Utah, each offering unforgettable hikes and scenery. Take a peek at these links to decide which park your family would love the most:
- Bryce Canyon
- Dead Horse Point State Park
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park